Women, Infant and Children Program (WIC)
WIC is a Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. WIC helps families get healthy food and a lot more.
WIC is a health and nutrition program for:
- Children under 5
- Pregnant Women
- New Mothers
- Practical nutrition information and everyday healthy living tips for you and your family. Visit our Nutrition Education page.
- Nutrition experts who specialize in nutrition for mothers and their children.
- Support and information about breastfeeding your baby, including access to breastfeeding experts. Visit our Breastfeeding page.
- Help in finding health care and other valuable community services. Visit our Resources page.
- Special CA WIC card to buy healthy foods – such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk, eggs, bread, cereal, juice, peanut butter, soy milk, tofu and more!
- Participants must meet the income requirements, such as living at less than or equal to 185% of the Federal Poverty Level. You may also qualify if you receive Medi-Cal, CalWORKs (TANF) or CalFresh (SNAP) benefits. Babies and children cared for by their fathers, other guardians, or foster parents are also eligible. Working families and migrant families are also welcome to apply. Use the WIC eligibility assessment tool to see if you qualify.
WIC is an equal opportunity provider.